When you love teaching math,
your students will love learning it.
Your math instruction is strong, but you desire to make it even more purposeful, engaging, and fun. TeachTransform’s Math Content & Strategy Academy will give you the confidence to make the instructional shift from how to why using purposeful, connected instruction. Set your students up for a lifetime of math success!
The Math Content & Instruction Academy includes:
- Two 2-hour Vertical Workshops with other 3rd – 5th grade teachers. Workshops focus on how concepts grow from grade to grade and where your grade fits in the progression of learning.
- Saturday, August 28, 2021 (10 AM-12 noon Central)
Recording will be available on September 3, 2021.
- Saturday, January 8, 2022 (10 AM-12 noon Central)
Recording will be available on January 14, 2022.
- Six 2-hour Concept Workshops by grade where you’ll connect concepts with proven hands-on strategies to develop mathematical fluency and help students make the jump from concrete models to paper.
- Two 30-minute Content & Strategy Chat Sessions with TeachTransform instructional experts and your academy colleagues.
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021 – 6:00 PM Central or Thursday, October 14, 2021 – 6:00 PM Central
- Tuesday, February 22, 2022 – 6:00 PM Central or Thursday, February 24, 2022 – 6:00 PM Central
Vertical Workshops Goals
- Know how concepts grow from grade to grade
- Understand how your grade fits into the conceptual flow
- Learn how to work with teachers at your school to make the most of vertical alignment
Concept Workshop Goals
- Understand the concepts behind the math
- Learn hands-on instructional strategies and how to progress students to abstract models
- Know how to build your students’ fluency
- Learn to develop your students’ academic language and classroom discussion
- Experience activities that you can use in your classroom to teach what you’ve just learned
- A vertical alignment for each concept
- At least 3 classroom activities per Grade Level Concept Workshop
- Thought Extender Questions to go with each concept
Who should attend?
Math Curriculum Directors, Elementary Math Instructional Coaches, Math TOSAs, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade teachers; interventionists; special education teachers; New-to-profession teachers; New-to-grade teachers; Alternative Certified teachers
How much does it cost?
$649/person or call (512) 970-0295 for a whole school rate, scholarships available.
When teachers and the district curriculum director participate in these sessions, the district becomes eligible for a 25% academy discount.
Is this virtual or in-person?
It is a combo of synchronous and asynchronous workshops. The 2-hour vertical workshops and phone calls are synchronous. The 2-hour content workshops are asynchronous.
When Does the Content and Strategy Academy Begin?
August 28th, 2021
Find Out More!
Please complete the form below to learn more. Someone from our team will contact you.
To speak to TeachTransform directly, contact Carol at (512) 970-0295 or firstname.lastname@example.org.